Do You Have News, Stories, Articles You Want To Share With The World? Send It To Us On Whatsapp via +2348100907817
AFRICA’S #1 HOTTEST ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, NAIJAHOTSTARS, LAUNCHES A WEEKLY JOLLY FOR NIGERIAN WRITERS
Lots of things happen on road(s), streets, at market places, offices and just any/everywhere as commuters walk the paths of Lagos and other cities in Nigeria, daily, to their respective work-place(s), events, et cetera, but only A FEW are able to harness and document the story, humour, lessons, tragedy and insight in the happenings and things their eyes see.
However, NaijaHotstars is set to bring these happenings to limelight by launching a “Weekly Jolly” for Nigerian Writers and Readers. This jolly is tagged, Naija Readers’ Buffet: gasing yawa, bursting kasala… Humour is a good way to place interest in things of less interest. So, it is on this note that we are making SATIRE a key-note criteria in our Submission. We are set to gas yawa and burst kasala, literarily.
We encourage Nigerian Poets, Writers, Satirists and Literary Seers to submit their entry and join us in taking insight into the little things that matter, of which majority do not see, everyday.’
1. Writer must be Nigerian.
2. Article: Not more than 500 words / Poems: No limit.
3. Article/poem must be Satire-based.
4. Article/poem “may” include a mix of Pidgin/Nigerian language & English.
5. Article/poem must be Nigerian-based.
6. Article/poem must be creative.
7. Article/poem must be about one of the relatable “every day” Nigerian life.
8. Send all Submissions to [email protected]
9. Response time is four (4) weeks.
10. You may submit only one (1) article or 2-3 poems.
11. Let the subject of your mail read, “NRB SUBMISSION [include the category of your submission]” e.g “NRB SUBMISSION [Poetry]”.
12. Use Time New Roman font & 12 point size (doc or docx, only). No PDF.
13. DO NOT include your name or any means of identification in your submission. Our Editors will read all submissions blindly.
14. In the body of your mail, include your bio of 50-100 words, a featured image, social media handles and a headshot photo of yourself.
15. No entry fee.
16. We would not want to insult you with the much-hated word, “publicity”, but we are currently not paying our Contributors. We look forward to that.
P.S: We do not know how to break hearts. If your article/poem doesn’t befit what we want, you’ll smile reading our rejection mail.