Nokia has recently announced a new mid-range smartphone, the Nokia G60. The phone boasts of 5G connectivity, a large display, and a decent camera setup, large battery capacity, powerful performance and robust design, all at an affordable price point. Nokia G60 has a 6.58-inch IPS LCD display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 processor, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, 4,500 mAh battery and a triple rear camera setup with a 50MP main sensor.
Nokia G60 Key Specs and Features
- 6.58 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~401 ppi density), ~82.8% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12
- Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 5 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 20W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4500 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
The Nokia G60 might not look beautiful but it sure is durable. It sports a simple and clean design made of plastic body with a textured finishing that provides a good grip while holding. This phone has the right weight and built that complement its compact body to give you a sense of its durability. It measures 166 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm and weighs 190g, which is slightly on the heavier side, but should still be comfortable to hold and use.
On the front, Nokia G60 has a glass display which measures 82.8% screen-to-body ratio. The display is surrounded by slim bezel on all sides except the bottom which is slightly thicker. Furthermore, the top bezel as a waterdrop notch that hold the front facing camera sensor.
Flip the Nokia phone over and you see a polished plastic rear panel which sure is rugged and nothing more. On the left side corner sits the rectangular shaped camera bump which has a matte finishing. The camera bump has curved edges to make it blend perfectly with the body.
Inside the camera bump sits three camera sensors, all in a vertical arrangement with a LED flash light accompanying it on the side. At the center of the rear panel, there is the cleanly inscribed NOKIA branding.
In addition, there’s a USB-C port and a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom of the phone. Likewise, on the right-hand side of the phone sits the volume keys and power button that doubles as a fingerprint sensor. The Nokia G60 chassis is protected against splash water and dust according to IP52.
The Nokia G60 features a large 6.58-inch IPS LCD display with 120Hz refresh rate. The display has a 20.5:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels, which is capable of producing good color accuracy and sharpness.
In addition, Nokia G60 display has a peak brightness of 400 nits, which is decent, but may not be bright enough for outdoor use on a sunny day. This IPS LCD display offers good color accuracy and viewing angles, which makes it suitable for everyday tasks such as browsing the web, social media, and watching videos. However, it may not offer the same level of contrast and deep blacks as OLED displays found in higher-end smartphones.
Above all, the display is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which should provide some protection against scratches and minor drops.
The Nokia G60 features a triple-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 50MP primary camera, a 5MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP depth sensor. The front-facing camera is a single 8MP shooter.
The primary camera on the Nokia G60 captures decent photos in good lighting conditions. This 50MP sensor allows for good detail and sharpness, while the f/1.8 aperture lets in enough light for well-exposed photos.
The second camera which is an ultra-wide sensor offers a wider field of view, allowing you to capture more in a single shot. It can also produce some distortion around the edges of the frame. While the depth sensor on the Nokia G60 is used for portrait mode photos, which allow you to blur the background and focus on the subject. The depth sensor works well for this purpose, but the effect may not be as natural-looking as some of its competitors.
The front-facing camera on the Nokia G60 is an 8MP sensor, featuring f/2.0 aperture, 1/4.0-inch individual pixel, and 1.12µm pixel size, which enhance it to capture decent selfies in good lighting conditions.
Hardware and Software
The Nokia G60 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G chipset, which is a mid-range processor that offers good performance for everyday tasks such as web browsing, social media, and email. It it the same processor in models like the Xiaomi Poco X5, the Oppo Reno 8T 5G, and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G.
This chipset is an octa-core Soc with two Kryo 660 Gold core clocked at 2.2GHz and another six Kryo 660 Silver core that clocks at 1.7GHz, thus offering impressive performance.
The android phone also comes with 4GB or 6GB of RAM, depending on the variant, which is enough for smooth multitasking. It also has 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, which is expandable via a microSD card. In addition, the Nokia G60 runs on Android 12 out of the box, with the promise of three years of OS updates and monthly security patches.
In terms of connectivity, the Nokia G60 features 5G support, which is becoming increasingly important as more carriers roll out their 5G networks. This phone also has Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, and NFC for mobile payments.
The Nokia G60 is equipped with a 4500mAh non-removable battery, which is quite large and should last you a full day of use. It also supports 20W charging, which is not the fastest but should be sufficient for most users.
Nokia G60 Price and Availability
Nokia G60 price starts at $ 274.18 / € 235.70 / £ 249.99 / ₹15,999 at leading online stores. The Nokia G60 price in Nigeria starts at around ₦125,200.
The smartphone was announced on September 2022 and was available for purchase starting in September 2022.
Nokia G60 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Nokia G60:
- Platform: Android 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.2 GHz dual-dual Kryo 660 Gold and 1.7 GHz hexa-core Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Pure Black, Ice Gray
- Dimension: 166 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 190 g
- SIM Type: Dual SIM
- SIM Count: Nano SIM
- Display: 6.58 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~401 ppi density), 120 Haz Refresh Rate, 400 nits Brightness, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~82.8% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 5 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2 + 2 MP (depth), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP (wide), f/2.0 Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – LATAM, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – International
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 13, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 – LATAM, LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41 – International
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6 – LATAM, 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6 – International
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes GPS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 20W Fast Charging Capacity