Xiaomi 13 Pro is the highest of the Xiaomi latest flagship series. It features a sleek design with a 6.73-inch AMOLED display, a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 8550 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a large 4,820 mAh battery. The device also comes with a triple camera setup that includes a 50 MP main sensor, a 50MP ultra-wide lens, and a 50MP telephoto lens. The Mi 13 Pro also comes with a 3D face unlock feature, an in-display fingerprint scanner, and support for 5G networks
Xiaomi 13 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.73 inches LTPO AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels (~522 ppi density), ~89.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, MIUI 14
- Qualcomm SM8550-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB, 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 50 MP (telephoto) + 50 MP (ultrawide) Triple Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 120W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4820 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Xiaomi 13 Pro comes with a revamp design compare to last year’s Xiaomi 12 Pro. It features an extremely slim design with rounded display edges. The Xiaomi 13 Pro rear design comes in three different versions including textured leather-like back, ceramic back and glass back.
At the front, there is an all-glass display measuring 89.6% screen-to-body ratio with slim bezel around the screen. This screen is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus from destruction and scratches.
One of the main changes in the Xiaomi 13 Pro design comes to the rear panel. Instead of the large camera module which take up the whole top space at the back of the Xiaomi 12 Pro, there is now a square camera bump with barely visible lenses and prominent Leica branding at the left side of the rear panel. There is also Xiaomi inscription at the smooth, glossy back of the phone.
On the right side, sits the power and volume controls. While along the top edge are stereo speakers, an infrared sensor, and a microphone. At the bottom, there is a standard USB-C connector, the SIM slot, and an additional speaker.
There is no 3.5mm headphone jack on this phone, which may be a downside for some users. However, Xiaomi includes a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter in the box. Above all, the Xiaomi 13 Pro is a masterpiece that balances profession, elegance, and toughness.
Xiaomi 13 Pro is a 6.73-inch, 120Hz AMOLED with a 3,200 x 1,440 pixel resolution that results to 522 ppi density. It also has adaptive 120Hz refresh rate which reduce motion blur and provide a more immersive experience.
The display has 10-bit color depth, which means it can support more than a billion colors. There is also support for DCI-P3 color gamut, and a promise of great color accuracy.
Furthermore, the Xiaomi 13 Pro sports a 20:9 aspect ratio which means the display spread wide around the screen which is well-suited for streaming videos and browsing the internet. This display also has an in-display fingerprint sensor for added security.
As for the display brightness, thanks to the 1900 nits peak brightness, this display can produce a very bright image, which can be helpful when using the phone in bright outdoor environments or direct sunlight of for a wider range of colors and contrast.
Additionally, the display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for added durability. The Xiaomi 13 Pro also comes with Widevine L1 DRM with HDR10 and Dolby Vision support which offer access to popular platforms including Netflix.
Similar to Xiaomi 12S Ultra device Xiaomi 13 Pro has three 50-megapixel sensors: one for the wide, ultra-wide, and telephoto cameras. The Xiaomi 13 Pro offers new optical and computational capabilities with Leica True Color Imaging and a newly developed 75mm telephoto lens.
Xiaomi in partnership with Leica camera comes with impressive features including the signature Leica optics and two photographic styles.
The Xiaomi 13 Pro 50-megapixel wide camera features a 1-inch ultra-large IMX989 sensor with a professional 23mm ƒ/1.9 Leica lens, which consists of eight aspherical lenses, ALD Ultra-Low Reflective Coating, Lens Edge Ink Coating, a new cyclic olefin material and a rotation-coated infrared filter for quality optical result. This lens also has 23mm wide-angle focal length, 1.6µm individual pixels, Dual Pixel PDAF, and Laser AF.
For the 50-megapixel telephoto camera, it comes with the new 75mm focal length by Leica that is most suitable for expressive portrait shots. For a clear shot, you can opt for Leica Authentic or Leica Vibrant to get the best desired result. This camera also offers 3.2x optical zoom over the main camera via a 75mm f/2.0 Leica floating lens.
Lastly, the 50-megapixel ultra-wide camera uses Samsung (S5K)JN1 sensor coupled with a 14mm f/2.2 lens. It offers 115-degree field of view with an aperture of f/2.2 and fixed focus.
There is also the 32 MP selfie camera based on the OmniVision OV32C sensor features 0.7µm pixels, wide 21mm f/2.0 lens and support autofocus that automatically adjusts the focus of the lens to ensure that the subject being photographed is in sharp focus.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 13 Pro comes with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, the same as on the Xiaomi 13 as well as Samsung’s top of the line Galaxy S23 Ultra, the Galaxy S23 Plus, and the Galaxy S23 for higher performance and improved efficiency than its predecessor. This chipset is accompanied by 12GB RAM and 512GB of fast UFS 4.0 storage.
This device also supports Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, dual-SIM 5G and Wi-Fi 7, which allows for multiple simultaneous 5GHz and 6GHz connections.
The Xiaomi 13 Pro runs on the company’s latest MIUI 14 on top of Android 13. This OS has been designed to provide users with an intuitive and enjoyable experience, with a range of features that make it stand out from the competition. It includes a range of new features such as an improved user interface, enhanced privacy settings, and a range of customization options.
For battery life, there is the large 4,820 mAh battery that offers excellent run times for calls, web browsing, video playback. Like in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus and Xiaomi 12T Pro, the charging system features the 120W HyperCharge technology and supports Boost Charge mode. This means that you can get up to 50% charge in just 30 minutes. The device also supports 50W wireless charging and reverse charging, allowing you to use it as a power bank to charge other devices.
Xiaomi 13 Pro Price and Availbility
Xiaomi 13 Pro price starts at $811 for 8GB/128GB, $942 for 8GB/256GB and $1006 for the 12GB/256GB variant. The Xiaomi 13 Pro price in Nigeria is expected about ₦650,000.
The 5G phone was announced early December, 2022, and was available for purchase by mid December March, 2022.
Xiaomi 13 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi 13 Pro:
- Platform: Android 13, MIUI 14
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8550-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.2 GHz Cortex-X3 and 2.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A715 and 2.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A710 and 2.0 GHz triple-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 740
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB RAM
- Colours: Ceramic White, Ceramic Black, Ceramic Flora Green, Mountain Blue
- Dimension: 162.9 x 74.6 x 8.4 mm or 8.7 mm
- Weight: 210 g or 229 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.73 inches LTPO AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels (~522 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1200 nits (HBM), 1900 nits (peak) Brightness, ~89.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 50 MP (telephoto), f/2.0, PDAF (10cm – ∞), 3.2x optical zoom + 50 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 115˚ Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Leica lens, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, 8K@24fps (HDR), 4K@24/30/60fps (HDR10+, 10-bit Dolby Vision HDR, 10-bit LOG), 1080p@30/120/240/960fps, 1080p@1920fps, gyro-EIS, Slow Motion
- Front Camera: 32 MP (wide) Camera, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 48, 66 – International, LTE Bands 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 – China
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71, 75, 77, 78 SA/NSA – International, 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5), NavIC (L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 50W Fast Wireless Charging (zero to 100% in 36 minutes)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4820 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 120W Fast Charging Capacity (zero to 100% in 19 minutes), 50W Fast Wireless Charging (zero to 100% in 36 minutes), 10W Reverse Charging