Xiaomi has recently unveiled its latest flagship smartphone the Redmi Note 12 series which includes the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G. The device has a beautiful 120Hz AMOLED display measuring 6.67-inches with 108MP triple rear camera. It is the 4G variant of the Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor and comes with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, and a large 5,000 mAh battery with 67W fast charging.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G Key Specs and Features
- 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), ~86.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 11, MIUI 13
- Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G (8 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 108 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in storage
- 4G LTE
- 67W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G features a sleek and moderate design for a mid-range device. It has a slightly boxy design with flat edges that give it a modern and sophisticated look. The boxy design not only looks good but also provides a comfortable grip for the user. This flat edges also allow the phone to sit stably on a flat surface, making it less prone to accidental falls or slips.
Furthermore, the Note 12 Pro 4G comes with a 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display at the front. The phone has a center-aligned punch-hole cutout for the front-facing camera, allowing for a nearly edge-to-edge display. This device has a slim profile with a thickness of 8.1 mm and weighs around 201 grams.
Additionally, the back panel of the Xiaomi phone is made of glass with a matte finish, which not only looks stylish but also provides a good grip and reduces fingerprint smudges. The matte finish coupled with the boxy design enables the phone to act as a mirror.
The rectangular rear camera module is positioned at the top left corner of the back panel. This camera module is slightly raised from the surface, which can cause some wobbling when the phone is placed on a flat surface. At the bottom edge at the left sits the Redmi logo.
The right side of the phone host the volume rockers and power button, which doubles as a fingerprint sensor and at the left you get the SIM slot. At the top side there sits an IR blaster, a secondary microphone while the bottom has a stereo speaker setup, USB port and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G features a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio. It has 107.4 cm² area which is relatively large, making it great for media consumption and gaming.
The screen has a pixel density of approximately 395 pixels per inch (ppi), providing sharp and clear visuals with vibrant colors and deep blacks. This display is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which provides excellent scratch resistance and durability.
This display also has a 120Hz refresh rate, which makes the screen feel smoother and more responsive when scrolling through apps, playing games, or watching videos. It also supports for HDR10, thus providing a smooth and immersive viewing experience for gaming, video streaming, and other multimedia activities. You can now watch HDR content on YouTube without stutters.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G comes with a triple-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 108-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.9 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and 118-degree field of view, and a macro lens. The main lens uses pixel binning technology to combine multiple pixels into one, resulting in better low-light performance and higher-quality images.
Similarly, the camera setup also features various modes and features, such as Night mode, Pro mode, Panorama mode, and HDR mode. It also supports 4K video recording at 30 frames per second (fps) and 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps.
On the front, the phone has a 16-megapixel camera with f/2.45 aperture, which is located in a punch-hole cutout in the center of the screen. The front camera supports various features such as AI beauty, Portrait mode, and Night mode, and can record 1080p video at up to 30 fps.
Hardware and Software
For performance, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor. The Snapdragon 732G is a mid-range chipset that was announced in 2020 and is designed to offer good performance and power efficiency. It is provided in smartphones like the Motorola G40 Fusion and the Moto G60.
The chipset is built on an 8nm manufacturing process and features an octa-core CPU with two Kryo 470 Gold cores clocked at 2.3 GHz and six Kryo 470 Silver cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
This Xiaomi Redmi Note smartphone chipset also comes with the Adreno 618 GPU, which is designed to provide excellent gaming performance and support for high refresh rate displays. The phone comes with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, depending on the variant, and either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, which can be expanded further using a microSD card.
There is the Xiaomi’s MIUI 13 based on Android 12 for intuitive user interface. This OS comes with impressive update, upgrade and features.
Furthermore, the Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G is equipped with a 5000mAh Li-Po battery, providing long-lasting battery life for extended use. It also supports 67W fast charger, so you can quickly top up your device when needed.
For connectivity, this device offers a wide range of connectivity options. It supports dual-SIM connectivity, 4G LTE connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, and GPS.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G price starts at $ 368.99 / £ 392.79 / € 329.00 / ₹24,999 at leading online stores. The Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G costs ₦225,000 in Nigeria.
The smartphone was announced March, 2023, and was available for purchase by April, 2023.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 13
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G (8 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 470 Gold and 1.8 GHz hexa-core Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Star Blue, Graphite Gray, Polar White, Ice blue
- Dimension: 164.2 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 201.8 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision, 700 nits (HBM), 1100 nits (peak) Brightness, ~86.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108 MP (wide), f/1.9, PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide), 120˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 + 2 MP (depth), f/2.4 Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide), f/2.4 Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: –
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity