Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo Key Specs and Features
- 6.67 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), ~88.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 13, MIUI 14
- Qualcomm SM7475-AB Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB, 12GB, 16GB RAM
- 64 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 256GB, 512GB, 1TB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 67W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo has a noticeable design among the Note 12 series. It sports a marble-esque design which is sleek and luxurious with slightly rounded corners and edges. This device measures 161.11 x 74.95 x 7.9 mm, and weighs 181 g. With its slim and lightweight body, this Redmi device feels comfortable on hand.
The front of the Xiaomi phone is occupied by a large 6.67-inch OLED display with slim bezels and a small punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera. This display comes with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, which results to pixel density of around 395 PPI. It also has a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, and a peak brightness of 1000 nits (HBM). The display has a wide color gamut of 1.07 billion colors and supports Dolby Vision.
Furthermore, the screen-to-body ratio is approximately 88.9%, which leaves minimal space for bezels around the display. This display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and has an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
The back of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo has a triple-camera setup. There are two large circle for the wide and ultra camera lens and a smaller one holding the macro lens at the top left corner, with the LED flash located just below it. The Redmi branding is also prominently displayed on the back panel.
Additionally, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner integrated into the power button located at the left side of the phone alongside the volume button. The right has the slot for SIM card. At the top, there sits the 3.5mm jack and a speaker while the bottom has a USB port, second speaker and the microphone.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo comes with a triple-camera setup at the back, featuring a 64 MP primary camera, an 8 MP ultrawide camera, and a 2 MP macro camera.
The 64 MP main camera has a wide f/1.8 aperture, a 1/2″ sensor size, and 0.7µm pixel size. The camera is equipped with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), which help to capture sharp and steady photos even in low light conditions.
On the other hand, the 8 MP ultrawide camera has a f/2.2 aperture, 120˚ field of view, and 1/4″ sensor size. This camera is perfect for capturing wide landscapes, group photos, or when you need to fit more into the frame. It can also be used to create creative and dramatic shots by playing with the perspective.
Lastly, the 2 MP macro camera has a f/2.4 aperture and is designed for capturing close-up shots of objects. This camera is also equipped with autofocus, which allows you to focus on your subject with ease.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo camera is capable of shooting 4K videos at 30fps and 1080p in 240fps slow-motion. On the front, the phone features a 16 MP selfie camera that can capture 1080p videos at 60fps. It comes with features like LED flash, HDR, and panorama.
Hardware and Software
One big hit about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo is that it is the world first phone to features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Plus Gen 2. This 8-core chipset was announced on March 17, 2023, and is manufactured using a 4-nanometer process technology.
It has a single Cortex-X2 core at 2.91GHz, three Cortex-A710 cores at 2.49GHz, and four Cortex-A510 cores at 1.8GHz. This chip is coupled with Adreno 725 GPU for gaming and graphics processing. It supports up to 16GB RAM and 1TB internal storage. However, this phone lack support for microSD card.
In terms of software, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo runs on Xiaomi’s MIUI 14, which is based on the Android 13 operating system. MIUI 14 offers a range of features such as improved gesture navigation, and enhanced privacy and security options. It also comes with a range of pre-installed apps such as Xiaomi’s own suite of productivity apps, Google apps, and third-party apps like Facebook and Netflix.
The android phone also features a range of sensors including an accelerometer, gyro, proximity sensor, and a fingerprint scanner located on the side of the phone. It also has a large 5,000mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging with a 67W wired charger, which is included in the box
For connectivity, this Redmi smartphone has dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC, and an infrared port. It features a USB Type-C 2.0 port that supports OTG.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo price starts at $286/ EUR: €270 / INR: ₹23,400 / PKR: 75,000. The Xiaomi 13 5G price in Nigeria starts at about ₦100,000 to ₦132,000.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Turbo:
- Platform: Android 13, MIUI 14
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7475-AB Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.91 GHz Cortex-A710 and 2.49 GHz tri-core Cortex-A710 and 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 725
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB, 16GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, White, Harry Potter Edition
- Dimension: 161.1 x 75 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 181 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), ~88.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 19, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS (L1), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c), GALILEO (E1), QZSS (L1)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Ye
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity